Ash Jo Recipe Ash Jo is one of the old and delicious Iranian dishes, which is cooked in many different ways. Ash is a very …
Sausage Salad Recipe Today at Takrecipe, we want to make a creamy and refreshing salad that is hearty enough to fill you up. Sausage Salad, …
Potato Pizza Recipe Potato pizza is a type of pizza that has gained popularity over the years. This unique pizza is produced by substituting sliced …
Baghali Ghatogh Recipe | Persian Fava Beans Stew
Baghali Ghatogh is one of the popular and straightforward Iranian dishes originating from the Caspian region of Iran. The color and aroma of this stew make it one of the most memorable dishes you have ever made.
This stew can be prepared quickly and is a perfect choice when you are not in the mood to consume much time preparing your food or are in a hurry.
Another distinctive point about this stew is that it is made with eggs, not meat. Today at Takrecipe, we bring you the recipe for making this delicious fava bean stew.
Baghali Ghatogh Recipe
- 400 g Fava beans or Lima beans
- 5 tbsp Dried dill
- 50 g Butter
- 5 Garlic
- 2 Egg
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- To taste Black pepper
- To taste Salt
- Peel and grate the garlic cloves and sauté them with the butter in a suitable pot for just a few minutes until they release their aroma. Be careful not to overcook them since they will burn quickly.
- Add turmeric to the pot and stir it for a minute until it releases its aroma and color.
- Now add the fava beans and sauté them for about 5 minutes until they are lightly golden and no longer taste raw. You should stir the beans gently enough so as not to break them. Stew looks more appealing if the beans are left whole.
- Then add dills, salt, and black pepper to the pot and sauté them for another minute to get mixed.
- Add three to four cups of water to the pot or enough water so that if you place your finger, it will come up to your second knuckle. Increase the heat to high and bring the water to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low, put the lid on, and let it gently simmer for about 30 minutes or until the beans are tender but not mushy. You should stir it occasionally but gently, so the beans maintain their shape.
- Now uncover the pot and crack the eggs one at a time. Let the eggs cook until the white set and the yolk is cooked to desired consistency. It is recommended not to stir the eggs, but some run a spoon through each egg to break them apart. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes for the eggs to cook.
- You can also fry or poach the eggs and top the stew with them. Your Baghali Ghatogh is ready now. Transfer this stew to your desired bowl and serve it with Persian rice. We hope you give it a try.
There are about 135 to 150 calories per 100 grams of this food. If you want to measure with a tablespoon, each spoonful of this food has about 20 calories.