Hot Dog Recipe Today at Takrecipe, we want to make the hot dog one of the most delicious fast foods. These are great for summer …
Roast Chicken Recipe Today at Takrecipe, we want to share the famous roast chicken. Roast chicken is loved for its golden crust and juicy flesh. …
Spinach Borek recipe Today you will learn how to make rolled Borek with spinach fillings. Borek is a filled sandwich made of thin flaky dough …
Spinach and Plum Stew Recipe | Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj
One of the most well-known and delectable Persian recipes is Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj, generally referred to as Persian spinach and golden prune stew. Fresh spinach, golden prunes, and a blend of fragrant herbs and spices give this substantial stew its distinctive and rich taste. The classic meal Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj has been a mainstay of Persian cuisine for generations and is still popular in Iran. The dish’s rich and tangy tastes are the ideal complement to the mild rice flavor, which is frequently served with it. Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj is renowned for its nutritional advantages, as prunes and spinach are both excellent sources of fiber and antioxidants.
Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj has a long history in Persian cuisine, and it is believed to have originated in the northern region of Iran, where spinach and prunes are abundant. The recipe has altered and evolved over time, with every community and family giving the traditional meal its own distinctive twist. Despite these alterations, the fundamental components and preparation techniques have remained unchanged. Nowadays, Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj is a well-liked dish frequently offered at special events like weddings and festivals. It is also a meal that is frequently presented to guests since it perfectly embodies Persian kindness and friendliness.
Preparing the ingredients and achieving the ideal taste balance takes some time and work, so preparing Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj is considered a work of art. It is customary to sear the meat first, then stew it until it is soft with onions and spices. After adding the spinach and cooking it until it has wilted, the golden prunes are added to the dish to give it a little sweetness. Rice or flatbread is frequently served with Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj, which aids in soaking up the rich sauce. This meal is frequently served with a side of yogurt or cucumber salad to offset the stew’s heaviness.
The main ingredients of Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj are lamb or beef, golden prunes, and spinach. The savory beef is offset by the rich, earthy flavor of the spinach and the mild sweetness of the prunes. The tastes of this meal are made richer and more complex by the spices employed, including cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon.
Using golden prunes is one of Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj’s distinctive characteristics. Although they are a key ingredient in Persian cuisine, these prunes are less frequently utilized in other cuisines. They are the ideal ingredient to this savory cuisine since they have a softer, somewhat sweeter flavor than typical prunes.
In addition to its mouthwatering flavor, Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj provides several health advantages. The vitamins A, C, and K, calcium, iron, and other necessary nutrients, are all abundant in spinach. Prunes are rich in potassium, fiber, and antioxidants, aiding digestion and blood pressure regulation. The meat used in this recipe is a rich source of protein, which is necessary for the body’s muscle and tissue growth and repair.
In summary, Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj is a beautiful and healthy meal that perfectly represents Persian cooking. It is a crowd-pleaser thanks to its distinctive flavor and texture combinations, and the Persian population loves it because of its long cultural tradition. Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj is a meal that is certain to please your palate and sate your hunger, whether you’re experiencing it for the first time or are an old fan. We strongly recommend trying Khoresh Aloo Esfenaj or other Persian cuisines if you ever get the chance! You will not only have a great and filling lunch, but you’ll also get to experience the Persian people’s hospitality and rich cultural legacy. Now stay with us to learn how to prepare this delicacy at your home in an authentic Persian way.
spinach and plum stew recipe
- 400 g Lamb leg or shoulder or chicken breast
- 800 g Spinach
- 12 Golden sour prunes (Aloo Bokhara)
- 2 Medium onion
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 10 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, put a pan on heat and add two tablespoons of oil. Then sauté the onions in oil over medium heat until they get translucent.
- After it becomes cooked and softened, add ground black pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric and stir them for another minute.
- Chop the meat and add it to the pan, then sauté for 15 minutes until the color of the meat changes. Keep stirring to keep the juice inside the meat.
- Add 4 cups of water to the pot to cover all the meats. When it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and let it cook for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach coarsely and then sauté that separately till it shrinks and the water evaporates. Then add a few a spoon of oil and sauté for about ten minutes.
- After the meat is fully cooked, add salt and spinach to the pot containing the meat, then stir them well, and let it cook for half an hour.
- Now add the dry prunes and lemon juice to the pot. Then put the lid and let it cook for another half an hour or 45 minutes. You can add more prune or sugar if you want it sweeter.
- This stew is served when most of the water evaporates. In the end, pour the stew into the desired dish and serve it with rice. Enjoy your meal.